How To Treat Your Natural Nails
Our nails are unique. From lifestyle to genetics to environment, there are so many factors that go into your individual nail type. So why has the majority of the nail industry adopted a ‘one size fits all’ approach to nail care?
If you had dry and damaged hair, would you use a 2 in 1 anti dandruff shampoo? Or a deep conditioning treatment? The same logic applies to nail care; if you have dry and damaged nails, would you use a nail dehydrator? We hope not! Instead, we recommend using Ethos.
In case you aren’t familiar, the Ethos treatment system is kind of like Olaplex for your nails! The Ethos range caters to all nail types and conditions so that you can keep your natural nails in pristine condition between nail appointments, and avoid any annoying breaks.
Take a look at your nails - do they seem flexible or brittle? Damaged or normal? By identifying your nail type and condition, you can easily prescribe your own nail treatment:
- If you have flexible nails, we recommend using Volcanic Base to increase strength
- For brittle nails, Seaweed Calcium Base will reduce breaking
- Normal or distressed nails will benefit from an application of Lavender Base due to its reparative properties which will help maintain healthy natural nails
These can also be used under our Gemini nail polishes as a base coat when you’re between gel overlay appointments. Our Ethos Cuticle Oils, however, can be applied over natural nails, polished nails, or a gel manicure.
As any nail tech will tell you, cuticle oil is a nail care essential. Ethos offers a choice of 4 cuticle oils, each with their own gorgeous fragrance. Applying cuticle oil daily will:
- Keep your cuticles hydrated
- Soften the surrounding skin
- Smell amazing
- Make your nail tech very happy!
We’ve put together a little guide to help you identify which Ethos natural nail treatment is right for you.